Disco 2 V8 o2 sensor faults

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adrian Wilton

Reaction score
guys, sorry if the answer to this has been posted, I Have. Disco 2 v8 with 4 x O2 sensors. I have bank 2 sensor 1 reading 0v?
On idle is have a voltage then I drive and the voltage goes to zero? Maf changes, plugs and leads changed, o2 sensor changed.

I can't find any split pipes, but I assume that as it's only one side I have either not enough fuel being burnt or an air leak? Also assume that the O2 readings are going out if limits hence goes to zero?

Anyone had this before?
Can I delete the O2 sensors and set the fuel?

I would rather fix then hide the MIL light!

Shame as car only has 48k on the clock and good condition other than this gremlin.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If I were to gamble I would look for a cracked exhaust manifold.

Adrian Wilton

Reaction score
Ok thanks,

nothing obvious, but will take a better look tomorrow.

Anything I can spray on it to help locate a crack?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Generally you will see black around the crack. Or you can feel for the leak, just be careful not to burn yourself.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would try carb cleaner while the engine is running and listen for the RPM's to change.

swishewk

Reaction score
If you can’t find any manifold leaks, check the fuel injector seals. When you pull off the fuel rail it should take some force to pull the injectors out. If they come out easily, replace the seals bill

Adrian Wilton

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the injector tip i will try this weekend, sorry for the delay in responding as have been working away.
This fault is bugging me as the car drives on otherwise, though Fuel consumption gone up as i have one side closed loop and the other open loop.
I have even looked at something to bypass the sensors...

Will let you know what i find,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just remember if you drive it with this issue too long you will destroy the CATS.

Adrian Wilton

Reaction score
Ok thought i would give a final update on this... it s sorted.

I had replaced the O2 sensor indicated by the ECU, and this worked for about 20 miles and then the light came on again, lost readings to both sensors, so i replaced the second sensor after the CAT and also noted some oil in the harness, contact cleaner and it was sorted, or so i thought. Drove another 20 miles and the light came on again... same fault.

So in desperation i replaced the pre CAT sensor again and the fault has now gone!

The answer... Im not sure - Oil in harness maybe damaging a sensor ? who knows anyone posted this in case anyone else gets the same problems. 100 miles not and all still clear.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72