Discovery 5 - Great Vehicle!

Jim Maxwell

Reaction score
Discovery 5 Long Term Review - We've owned our Disco 5 for two and a half years and what a fantastic vehicle it's been. It's a MY2017, HSE, Dynamic Package, vision assist, full leather package with all the upgrades including locking differential. The Disco is such a wonderful car to drive...feels like a sports car. The turning radius is very tight especially for a vehicle of this size. In fact it's rare that I have to do a K-turn.
I've had this vehicle driving on High Mountain Jeep trails and she just kept wanting more. Super dependable, I've driven across the country and nary a complaint. Great high-speed cruiser as well.
As a long time Land Rover owner and fan, I highly recommend this vehicle.

Last edited:

flyingdog

Reaction score
My 2017 Disco 5 is the best car I've ever owned. It meets all my hunting and fishing requirements on and off the roads.Super quiet.

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was one of the people that put it down when it was first released. Wife and I actually agreed we would not be purchasing the D5 and would wait on the 130 to be released. Well after having the LR4 hit by an underage driver last year we were in a position we could not wait on the 130 to be released and went for a D5 to fill the gap. From the first drive we have been impressed with the vehicle. From towing our RV to off roading it has been beyond what I had expected of the platform. Yes there have been some issues that needed to be addressed (it is a rover after all) but it has been great. Over the past 4 days I have done 2 - 450 miles trips and it has proven to be one if not the best long haul vehicle I have owned. I have another trip slated for next week that will will make 4 such trips in a month (2 towing our RV) and I would jump in it now and do another one if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
131inggp