Discovery XXV Special Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't compare UK pricing with US. The run-of-the-mill Disco 4 HSE Lux sells for £60,000 over there, $61,000 here. Luckily we live here and not there.

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the GBP 63K was a typo as he says in the same sentence its GBP 4K (which is $6,500) above the current model. Thanks for posting the article, I enjoyed reading it, especially the line about the Hill Decent Control, which came in handy yesterday here in icy Sag Harbor, NY.

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware they were so expensive in the UK .... I guess its not a typo.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look appealing to me at all, regardless of the cost. Basically has special color standard feature windsor leathor / grilles, some badging, and unique 20 inch wheels?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't compare UK pricing with US. The run-of-the-mill Disco 4 HSE Lux sells for £60,000 over there, $61,000 here. Luckily we live here and not there.
That's very true! Still, it kind of shocked me for a few extras.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time Land Rover brought in a special edition LR4 to the US (in 2012, the Luxury Limited Edition), they wanted US$7000 on top of the HSE Lux price at the time. They sold out quickly. However, that run was truly limited - they only made 2000 - and included features such as extended leather which were not available back then on any trim level but are now either standard issue or available at extra cost on lesser trims... My guess is that, if this XXV Special Edition even makes it across the pond, it will likely command a smaller premium than that 2012 Limited edition. Maybe 5 grands or so... A price some out there would definitely pay for exclusive 2-tone interior leathers, fancy wheels and steering wheel, and badging honors.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this got me thinking. With all of the speculation about the MY15 being a dramatically new body why would they bring out what appears to be a 2014 LUX with some dressing up "later this year"? Is it because the 2014 will be the last of the LRx as we know it so they are offering "collector's editions"? Or are they in fact going to keep the body pretty much in tact for 2015? Why not base your snazzy XXV model on the new body style you are launching?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this got me thinking. With all of the speculation about the MY15 being a dramatically new body why would they bring out what appears to be a 2014 LUX with some dressing up "later this year"? Is it because the 2014 will be the last of the LRx as we know it so they are offering "collector's editions"? Or are they in fact going to keep the body pretty much in tact for 2015? Why not base your snazzy XXV model on the new body style you are launching?

You might be aware that Land Rover "just" released the Defender LXV (65th anniversary edition). As you know the Defender is on its way out, it doesn't mean that LR shouldn't make a pretty penny on special edition models.

That being said, they're celebrating 25 years of Discovery not 26 so having a new body special edition wouldn't make sense (Discovery 5 out in 2015 is only speculation anyway).

From a marketing stand point, they don't need to combine a new vehicle with a special edition but it does make sense to sell a few more of the current model thanks to this special edition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV