1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you know this Check Engine code: P2406?

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Socialseb83, May 23, 2020.

1. Socialseb83

Socialseb83 Full Access Member

A06B8F35-DE83-4B45-B605-AC6B12536989.png 60E62E5B-1F4C-41F5-8BEB-3C0B78FADE33.jpeg F1EE99C0-B551-40FF-B351-D207140F67B5.jpeg My check engine light went iff. Oil change was done very recently. It is not overheating at all. There are no funny sounds. It doesn’t feel funny when i drive. Yet, there’s the light sonits something for sure.

I have a $100 scanner, not that fancy $500 one i imagine someone is going to siggest I get. My scanner gave me this code (see picture).

I’ve attached the image of the scanner, along with the google explanation of what the code means. However, I’m an extreme layman when it comes to this.

I’d appreciate someone with patience to explain this to me in Simple layman’s terms.

Thank you!

A06B8F35-DE83-4B45-B605-AC6B12536989.png

2. jlach993

jlach993 Full Access Member

Do you top off your tank a lot/overfill?

3. Stuart Barnes

Stuart Barnes Supporting Member Supporting Member

Perhaps a loose gas cap, had you just refilled?

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  4. Stuart Barnes

Stuart Barnes Supporting Member Supporting Member

P2406- 00

Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit High - No sub type information

Diagnostic monitoring tank leakage module circuit, short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance

Blocked pipework Diagnostic monitoring tank leakage module failure

NOTE: Operational requirements needed to allow the monitor to be fully tested. Ensure that the vehicle has a fuel level between 15 and 85%, ambient temperature is between 32°F and 95°F, Ignition is on. Using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system carry out a "large leak test". Allow the diagnostic monitoring tank leakage test to complete, refer to diagnostic monitoring tank leakage test results

Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check the diagnostic monitoring tank leakage module circuit for short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance

Check for blocked pipework Check and install a new diagnostic monitoring tank leakage module as required

5. BBLR3

BBLR3 Active Member

6. avslash

avslash Full Access Member

Mine is throwing that code now. No CEL, just the code stored in memory.

Mine never threw it before I premptively replaced that DTML pump, so I'm not looking real smart there.:)

Not much to offer, just an observation. Mine has an extra fuel tank as well, so probably not real applicable to anyone with a stock fuel system.

7. Jimmy Brooks

Jimmy Brooks Full Access Member

wow an extra fuel tank! That’s awesome, I’d love to hear how you installed it.

8. avslash

avslash Full Access Member