Does your date move to european format in its own?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No change in battery or disconnection whatsoever. It literally changes on its own. ***?

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No.

That's usually one of the first signs of battery / electrical failure.

Is the time also resetting?

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just did this recently as well. I tested the battery with a multimeter and it checked out, but I’ll have to check it again. Both the date and time changed to the European format. Both were still correct, only the format changed.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remembering one other thing: when this happened, I believe I had left the key in the car for maybe 2-3 days and hadn’t driven it during that time. I don’t usually leave the key in the car, and figured this might have drained the battery some - though it never hesitated to start, so I’m not sure how the battery could have been low enough to cause the clock to reset.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shhhh...it’s probably reading this thread. I don’t need it defending itself when I recheck that battery. If I mysteriously stop posting, you’ll know what happened.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brand new interstate battery put in January
Yes the time went to military as well.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the battery.

I'm not so sure based on my experience. I've gone through 4 batteries on our LR4's. Every one went bad at about 4 years and the time display changed format just before each checked-out.

Your bigger concern could be the passenger side valve cover gasket dripping oil into the alternator which is no longer recharging your battery fully. I've lived that nightmare too.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sounds terrible, but like i said i have a one month old battery and it tests 100%

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV