Doors won’t lock with door switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason this came up is because I was leaving the vehicle for a second and my children (older) usually lock the door when I get out. When I came back they said the doors wouldn't lock. Since then I have been wondering why the lock button will not work, driver or passenger side. If you push the lever by the door handle is works.... This makes me scratch my head.... Guess I will stay out of the sketchy neighborhoods for a while...

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried to lock my doors with the lock/unlock button on the door, and they won’t lock. They do unlock, but lock button does nothing. If I push the lever above the door handle the doors lock. It’s not a big deal, but I’m wondering why they don’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has this feature ever worked? It could be as simple as the lock/unlock switch being disconnected.

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if and when the issue happened, never paid attention I guess. If the unlock button works, I would imagine the unlock button would be in the same harness/plug. It’s the same on both driver and passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I randomly found a broken wire in the passenger side kick panel. It seems that the wire broke from a constant rub point. I had no clue what this wire was for, and made a separate post. Today I noticed the lock is now working. Maybe that was the problem?

Attachments

• C6D788BF-450E-481B-AF29-4F1CEA174C1C.jpeg
    C6D788BF-450E-481B-AF29-4F1CEA174C1C.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 40

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that wire pink and red? Wiring diagram does show a pink and red wire for the master lock coming out of the BCM at that side of the car. You could cut it again and then you’d have your answer for sure.

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that wire pink and red? Wiring diagram does show a pink and red wire for the master lock coming out of the BCM at that side of the car. You could cut it again and then you’d have your answer for sure.
That’s good to know. I searched everywhere for a wiring diagram, but could not find anything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA