Driving light wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdawg183

Reaction score
So I recently purchased some 6” Rigid 360 driving lights that will be grill mounted and am trying to figure out the best way to wire them. The lights have a backlight that I’d like to wire to the factory fog circuit and the actual driving beam to come on with the high beams. I have two relays (one for each circuit) and need help figuring out what wires to tap into for each to trigger the lights. I’m trying to keep the setup as factory as possible (no extra switches in the cabin) and really want to avoid pulling everything out and testing wires.

So bottom line... does anyone know where the best place to tap the fog (+) and the high beam (+) wires/circuits.

Tdawg183

Reaction score
Since I didn't get any hits on a response here I had to reverse engineer the solution myself. So for what its worth I'm following up here for anyone else searching for this in the future.

Regarding the fog light - I had to remove the fog light from the bumper... there was a blue and black wire, the black was the ground and the blue was the positive. Just splice into the blue one.

For the high beam - I had to test each pin on the back of the headlight connection and it turned out to be the one I'm pointing to in the attached image. Due to dirt/mud on the back i could not 100% make out the exact colors.

IMG_8400.jpg

Tdawg183

Reaction score
No, the backlights are just there more so for looks. They project very very little light... i just trigger them with the fogs which turn off when the high beams turn on.
url

362374_10218310767459067_2634807336237006848_o-jpg.jpg

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. That is a diffused lens so I assume they are an off road flood beam as opposed to a high speed pencil beam?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi