Dunlop Air Compressor Rebuild Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I might find a compressor rebuild kit for the Dunlop Air Compressor. Mine is starting to go, and I'm guessing it's probably the desiccant so while I'm replacing that I figured I'd just overhaul the compressor as well. I see a lot of the rebuild kits for the Hitachi but haven't stumbled on on for the "upgraded" dunlop version. I've searched here and on other forums but can't seem to find much info on it. If it's the same as the hitachi I'll just try that rebuild kit buy my guess is that it'll be slightly different.

Thanks in advance,

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok according to a no name amazon company that makes a rebuild kit for the Hitachi - the Dunlop compressor shares basically the same internals and parts bin so the rebuild kit will work for either the original Hitachi or the "upgraded" Dunlop compressors. I will tell you how it goes this coming weekend and verifiy if that is actually the case. Hope this helps someone else that happens to stumble on it. The rebuild kit I purchased is here just in case it works:

HITACHI AIR COMPRESSOR & FILTER DRYER REPAIR KIT FOR LAND ROVER LR3 DISCOVERY 3 X 8R44

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GXGS29K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a follow up this kit actually works perfectly for all o-rings, gaskets and the dessicant with filters for the Dunlop Air Compressor.

One note - don't bother with the metal cap although it does fit onto the house the metal cap has 2 different sizes for the air hoses and at least my truck was equiped with the same size air hoses for both the top cap - I did use the o-ring installed in the housing as a replacement for the o-ring on the stock plastic cap which I don't think was provided in the lower kit but you'd have to check...also it appears that the wear sleave was slightly smaller then the one provided but nothing a belt sander and 10 minutes didn't fix. Just wanted to leave this here just in case anyone else needed the info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi