EBC Rotors + EBC GreenStuff 6000 Brake Pads Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keya

Reaction score
I just installed the EBC drilled and slotted Rotors and GreeStuff 6000 brake pads.

I heard concerns about being noisy over the factory rotors. I hardly hear ANY difference driving in my neighborhood where the braking sound reflects off the parked cars (windows down). With the windows up, I don't hear anything at all. I wonder if some people are installing these rotors wrongly and maybe that causes more noise? The rotor, which is marked "L" will go on the driver side. The end of the slot should be pointed towards the rear of the SUV.

It feels the braking has improved, but I don't have any data, and I'm comparing against old factory pads and rotors.

Hope this is helpful.

tempImage9c0Hh7.png

tempImagem781DH.png

tempImagek6l7vt.png

tempImage5stzN2.png

tempImageEjnclg.png

nhskibm

Reaction score
I just installed the EBC drilled and slotted Rotors and GreeStuff 6000 brake pads.

I heard concerns about being noisy over the factory rotors. I hardly hear ANY difference driving in my neighborhood where the braking sound reflects off the parked cars (windows down). With the windows up, I don't hear anything at all. I wonder if some people are installing these rotors wrongly and maybe that causes more noise? The rotor, which is marked "L" will go on the driver side. The end of the slot should be pointed towards the rear of the SUV.

It feels the braking has improved, but I don't have any data, and I'm comparing against old factory pads and rotors.

Hope this is helpful.

So, I had these installed on my D2 and noticed extreme brake fade on steep downhills of longer duration. Most recently in Manchester VT I smoked all four wheels (like worried about fire) because of these pads/rotors. It's actually the pads, not the rotors, as you could see in the slots/drills of the rotor the pad material will gunk up.

After this most recent issue with these EBCs I replaced all 4 with LR Factory Pads/Rotors. If I was doing it all over again I would not run the Green Stuff 6000 pads as they are non metal and you want metal - especially if you are running oversize tires like I am. Note you can just downshift (which is what I did - along with my e-brake) as I completely lost brakes coming down hill with those pads/rotors (and really those pads). Was with a group that included a PCA instructor who made the observation to which I'm in full agreement with.

Guess this is simply a they look awesome, totally with you, just be careful depending on your usage.

keya

Reaction score
So, I had these installed on my D2 and noticed extreme brake fade on steep downhills of longer duration. Most recently in Manchester VT I smoked all four wheels (like worried about fire) because of these pads/rotors. It's actually the pads, not the rotors, as you could see in the slots/drills of the rotor the pad material will gunk up.

After this most recent issue with these EBCs I replaced all 4 with LR Factory Pads/Rotors. If I was doing it all over again I would not run the Green Stuff 6000 pads as they are non metal and you want metal - especially if you are running oversize tires like I am. Note you can just downshift (which is what I did - along with my e-brake) as I completely lost brakes coming down hill with those pads/rotors (and really those pads). Was with a group that included a PCA instructor who made the observation to which I'm in full agreement with.

Guess this is simply a they look awesome, totally with you, just be careful depending on your usage.

Thanks for your feedback! Are you comparing with the factory rotors and pads? Does LR4 have larger rotors than D2?
Did you contact EBC to see what they say? Maybe the series 7000 is the better option.

I use the RedStuff on my MB C63S and I'm quite happy with the stopping and it doesn't fade. But that's a different car, pads, rotors, etc haha

nhskibm

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback! Are you comparing with the factory rotors and pads? Does LR4 have larger rotors than D2?
Did you contact EBC to see what they say? Maybe the series 7000 is the better option.

I use the RedStuff on my MB C63S and I'm quite happy with the stopping and it doesn't fade. But that's a different car, pads, rotors, etc haha

I didn't rather just throw stock stuff on. And a D2 is definitely different than an LR4 (have had both - at the same time for some stupid reason) - that and the A/T ties that are oversized don't help. Just a word of warning is all on the brake fade and then smoking. If I follow Porsche's rule of thumb it's either metal or ceramic :) - and I'm going to do that from now on with Rover. Just was a recent experience and thought I'd add here - I clearly bought them as well so maybe it's dumb luck, maybe it's the D2, maybe it's the 32"+ tires, maybe it's a combo of the three!

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. From EBC itself doesn't sound like the greenstuff is a good match for the heavy pig that is the LR4

Capture.PNG

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been running greens...no issues at all...low dust and great bite. drilled rotors are prone to cracking, slotted is good. like all pads they need to be bedded properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV