ebony interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had an ebony interior for a few years? How does it wear? Curious about any fading or if its showing any cracks. I prefer the look, but the nice thing about the lighter colors is that it sometimes shows wear a bit better. Thank you.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the ebony interior for a few years and specifically the lux leather. It's worn very nicely and hasn't faded. I clean and condition the leather every month as the softer leather benefits greatly from it. My seats are one of the best parts of this truck as it feels like a cushy recliner with the softer leather.

Search on this board as some folks with the almond leather have mentioned issues with blue jeans staining/rubbing onto the lighter leather. I believe they were able to get it off but but it's worth checking out.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ebony interior. 19 months so far and wear is fiine. No fading that I can tell. I have the lux leather as well. I am lazy and have not once conditioned or cleaned the leather seats. Still looks great. :)

Reno LR

Reaction score
I have the LUX leather and the driver's seat is beginning to show some creases from entry / exit but no cracking. Car is almost a year old and the interior still looks new.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had ruched (lux) ebony interior since February 11 with 2 kids and 2 dogs and no conditioning and it has worn extremely well with no fading and very little signs of ware but extremely comfortable.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don - I hope you have black dogs! We got the almond interior because we have a yellow lab and a brown mutt. I once had a Saab with a black interior, and a white dog. Not a good combination.

cofroad

Reaction score
I have just ordered a full set of 7 seat covers as after only 3 months from purchase the Almond seats on my HSE have developed the blue staining particularly bad down the side of the seat when entering/existing. I did manage to clean them with the LR leather cleaner but there is still a sign of the staining. I do not wear blue jeans just ordinary black or grey so there is a problem here with any jeans. Both the driver and passenger seats were affected. Apparently you do need to remove the head restraints to fit the front covers and just out of interest there are two buttons to push in, the one that protrudes out and on the other side a safety catch that you push in with your finger nail. My supplying dealer told me you cannot remove the head restraints and I have read on some forum reports of difficulty and not being able to remove them, once the locking button is pushed in it is very easy and the same as any vehicle. This is not explained in the handbook either.

cofroad

Reaction score
I have just ordered a full set of 7 seat covers as after only 3 months from purchase the Almond seats on my HSE have developed the blue staining particularly bad down the side of the seat when entering/existing. I did manage to clean them with the LR leather cleaner but there is still a sign of the staining. I do not wear blue jeans just ordinary black or grey so there is a problem here with any jeans. Both the driver and passenger seats were affected. Apparently you do need to remove the head restraints to fit the front covers and just out of interest there are two buttons to push in, the one that protrudes out and on the other side a safety catch that you push in with your finger nail. My supplying dealer told me you cannot remove the head restraints and I have read on some forum reports of difficulty and not being able to remove them, once the locking button is pushed in it is very easy and the same as any vehicle. This is not explained in the handbook either.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ebony non-lux (not as soft seats) ... have had the truck for 2 years and the seats look brand new. You should treat with a good leather conditioner every few months -- more if it sits in the sun all day.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi