Ebony interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How have the black/ebony interiors held up? Excessive fading/cracking? I prefer black, but the tanned/ebony interior might hold up better. In the market for a new LR, thanks for any feedback
Sorry for the duplicate post (lr4 forum)

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Held up quite well in my 05. With a good detail it looks new except the wear on the outer driver bolster which just looks polished...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My black interior has been GREAT for someone who off-roads a lot. If it gets muddy, no big deal when the mud dries I can just brush and vacuum it all off. No stains. It looks as good as it did when I first bought it....and that was 7 years ago!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing. I like the look of that dark interior, but have always gone with tan because it hides dirt/sand better. Granted, it can stain, but usually doesn't.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware of blue jeans, it will stain them.

Black for me :)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware of blue jeans, it will stain them.

That's true.

It snuck up on me and was then hard to clean. Then I put on the wetOkale covers and forgot about it... LOL

I wonder if I regularly cleaned the seats if I could stay on top of the jean thing and avoid a discoloration.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys
Now I just need to find the car!

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love tan...just detail it a few times a month. Just because you can't see the dirt doesn't mean it's clean!

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the black interior, still looks great!

Every alpaca interior I looked at had jean stains on the front seats that looked awful

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jean stains are there on the black, but you just can't see them. The black does look slick though, esp on the 08-09's where the put in silver trim.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72