Electronics Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexER

Reaction score
I have a 2009 LR3 with 88K miles which I bought a year ago. The Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) light would periodically come on. I got tired of it so I went and had them replaced. Long story short, Discount Tires $250 (which they replaced twice at no charge), LR Houston $1200 estimate. The third time, Discount tires figured out the specific OEM part which is unique to that model and replaced - still didn't working is on constantly. I suspect it is the monitor or antenna (which I had suggested all along). So question #1 - has anyone replaced the monitor and antenna?

The other issue which started about 3 weeks ago is the Suspension Fault light. It will come on after 45min of driving and goes away when the ignition is turned off then back on. When I start the car the compressor runs less than a minute. I see no noticeable change in ride/handling/stance of vehicle. Question #2 - could these be related to a central monitoring fault.

The nearest LR dealership is over an hour away and frankly quite snobbish. I don't know if a local shop could trouble shoot without blindly replacing parts.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your best bet to figuring this out and will probably pay for its self the first time you use it is to buy an iid tool from gap diagnostics. It will read all your fault codes and point you in the right direction if not tell you exactly what is wrong. The tool also does a number of other cool things such as adjusting ride height and being able to program extra keys. I was able to buy 2 key blanks get them cut and program them myself for a total of $82. Compare that to $450 for one key from the dealer. The iid tool is not the cheapest thing in the world but is invaluable if you want to work on your own vehicle. Hope this helps

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72