Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_ub3

Reaction score
Hey all!
My dad owns a 2010 Freelander GS TD4. We live in London, and we've been hit with the news that the Ultra Low Emission Zone is expanding to cover the entire city. This is troubling as we have a crazily high emission which will mean tons of money lost to TfL.
We only have one other option, which is selling it and buying a lower emission vehicle. This is something we do NOT want to do. The car has a very heavy emotional value to us - it was passed to from my grandfather when he died - losing it would be terribly upsetting.
We're trying to find out if its possible to convert it to a lower emission engine. I've come to the forums as the community is always knowledgable. Have you any advice on how we can preserve our car?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
With enough money anything is possible. I would highly recommend either taking it out of the city if possible otherwise parking it may be the cheapest option.

alldazed

Reaction score
There are a couple of Italian companies offering conversion kits for diesel to either cng or lpg that lower emissions. They still use some diesel otherwise you need a complete conversion . See link below to one of them

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV