Engine Dies at 70 MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SantaAna7

Reaction score
Whaddya mean, you're barely on your 2nd oil change! (mileage-wise, hopefully you've changed it at least annually even if you don't drive it much). :D
Yeah but hadn't really seen too many "everything died going 70" posts around lol. I did just remember reading about a 2014 Durango dying dramatically while on the road when a board exposed to corrosion shorted out but just something I hadn't kept in mind as a possibility.

I picked up a mityvac and trolled the oil thread and motor oil forums years back. Lol nothing is simple anymore. Went with Redline but I think I'm gonna move to cheap oil and frequent changes. Not sure if pampering her is beneficial. I could probably throw that "used" oil in another vehicle. Feels like wearing a new pair of pants then throwing them out the next day.

I was going to make a thread asking for advice on low usage maintenance, like what parts may just fail due to age and what fluids should get replaced despite not hitting mileage thresholds.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to make a thread asking for advice on low usage maintenance, like what parts may just fail due to age and what fluids should get replaced despite not hitting mileage thresholds.

That might be one of the few remaining uncovered topics and a worthwhile thread to start. Most of us are well on our way to 100K miles or much more. That’s also what makes this section such a gold mine of info and experience.

robrike1

Reaction score
Any chance of the cutting off issue being a bad IPC? I just had to replace this instrument panel cluster on my daughter's LR3 for no start issues and all the warning lights coming on while driving and everything cutting out. Codes pulled with IID tool showed a loss of communication with a bunch of the computer modules all at the same time. Replacement IPC has been rock steady for a week now, no return of symptoms. I think I paid $299 for a used IPC and $38 for the flash file to clone old to replacement from GAP Company.

Just a thought.

Good luck,

Robert

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV