Engine light problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foster

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Land Rover discovery II se and recently the engine has been running bad and the check engine light has been flashing. When I plug the code reader in it reads the following codes

I’ve established that cylinder 7 is misfiring, though because I’m not very mechanically savvy, I’m not sure what needs replacing/fixing. Any help is much appreciated

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First a flashing check engine means "Do not drive", second you have codes for MAF Sensor, Fuel, and Misfire. I would start by cleaning the MAF sensor, checking and replacing air filter as needed making sure the filter box is closed properly. Check and possibly swap the fuel injector for Cylinder #7 (you can swap with another cylinder to see if the issue follows the injector. I would also check the coils.

Since you do not list mileage, what if any service has been done or if any aftermarket items have been added to or replaced any items in or around the engine. The above is where I would start. Coils have been known to cause issues, but I would not rule out the Injector. The air filter and MAF Sensor should cause more codes, but it never hurts to clean them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi