Engine Management Fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myfirs trover

Reaction score
Hello. I'm Patrick and I am a frustrated Land Rover owner. I bought an '08 LR2 six months ago and I absolutely loved the vehicle until the third month of ownership. I was leaving a pick-your-parts location when the vehicle lost all drive train power, and it has not run since. It has several codes but the most frustrating part is I cannot find a single location that identifies what fuse no. 6 feeds. It is marked only as engine management (there are over half dozen of these) and there is a dead short in that circuit that blows the fuse as soon as it makes contact with the fuse box contacts (this is the under hood fuse box). I have tried unplugging the cooling fan, wheel speed sensors, starter, alternator, and several other sensors in an attempt to discover which exact circuit is fed by fuse number six but don't want to go any deeper until I try here. Does anyone know what fuse 6 feeds in the 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE with the Volvo engine? by the way the couple of times it didn't blow automatically the vehicle started right up but the fuse ended up blowing within seconds

Shoshone

Reaction score
Can't really help without a schematic. If it blows with ignition off it probably connects to a always hot buss direct to battery.

myfirs trover

Reaction score
I’m sure that I have a direct short to ground but, I haven’t been able to find it. I cant find a schematic for my N. American version with the 3.2 Volvo engine. This appears to be the only year and model with this particular design. Thank you for your input, if you happen to run across a wiring schematic please note its location and forward its location to me. I am having some health issues due to congenital spinal stenosis that remained undiagnosed until recently and, I simply cannot afford to take it to the dealership unless I can diagnose the problem first. Thank you again for your post, it was dead on but not what I was hoping for from all of these enthusiasts. Only reply I’ve gotten so far though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA