Evap leak detection pump problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StanRover

Reaction score
I own a 2011 Range Rover full sized supercharged. Love the truck. I am having a problem with the leak detection pump. I started getting the code and replaced the gas cap. That worked for about a week before tge codeccame back. I ordered the pump to replace. I read that the pump is located above the inner rear fender well. How do I get the fender well cover off to gain access to the pump? I don't want to break anything.

stl8grey

Reaction score
On the 2012 Lr4, if you raise the suspension, you can see the pump via the passenger rear wheel. I raised the suspension and pulled the suspension relay as our LR4 returns to normal height after a while once key is off. I was having the evap issue/small leak issue. Turned out to be the o-ring on the fitting from the hose that runs from the pump to the top of the tank. We found it via smoke test. The tank has to come down in order to access that hose fitting.

StanRover

Reaction score
Just an update in case anyone else runs into this. I was able to find the pump above the passenger side rear wheel cover. Wasn't too difficult removing the cover. Did not have to remove the rear wheel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi