Exhaust Modifications (Muffler Replacement or Straight Pipes)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize if there's already a thread on this... I did a quick search and only found one about an entire MagnaFlow Catback System.

I have thought about replacing the LR4's main muffler (since it looks like there are three: one large in the center and two smalls in the rear), with straight piping. I would not be fooling with the cats at all, just eliminating the big muffler. Has anyone tried this? Too loud? Any drone?

I was thinking about having an exhaust shop eliminate it, start the car up, and if it's too loud, I'll have them put on a MagnaFlow or Flowmaster Muffler. I am not interested in doing a complete exhaust system at this point... just looking to get a little bit more noise without spending a fortune. Also, would this throw any error codes or affect the emissions? I will need to pass a MA annual inspection. Thanks in advance for any input!

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry,!i have yet to touch my exhaust system.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck! What other mods have you done? I am very interested in your rims and how you got them to fit. Did you use spacers?

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone's following this thread... I had the muffler replaced with straight piping, and it sounds like a true V8 should sound. Did not touch the cats or resonators. PM me for more info if you're interested or would like me to send you a video via email.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone's following this thread... I had the muffler replaced with straight piping, and it sounds like a true V8 should sound. Did not touch the cats or resonators. PM me for more info if you're interested or would like me to send you a video via email.

can you post a video on youtube or something?

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one crappy cell phone one right now that I can email you if you want. I'm going to try to get some better ones with my DSLR camera and some friends later. If those come out good, I'll post them onto YouTube for sure!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV