extended leather pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joyce

Reaction score
about to order my first LR4 and am so excited. the windsor leather seats are great- but i can't really tell the difference between the arm rests, dash and door rolls with and without the extended leather pack and need to decide if i should order that option. any advice? 2013 LUX nara bronze/almond/split grain walnut/20 inch 10 split spokewheels/HD pack/sirius/vision assist.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything around you - dash, door tops, instrument cluster binnacle, etc., feels softer to the touch and "looks" smoother, somewhat less grainy than the plastic finish. It's a better match to the LUX leather seats (I have the Arabica ext. leather in mine.) For the money I think it's worth it, but it's definitely not something you will miss if you decide not to get, since the non-leather finish looks anything but cheap in these cars.

Domoic

Reaction score
I had a 2010 LR4 without it.

I have a 2013 LR4 with it.

I would 100% get it, IMO.

Even my wife noticed the difference!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The extended leather is sublime but as Umbertob notes you can also live without it. Both are nice. You also can't beat the price... for the upgrade. It's almost given away IMO.

joyce

Reaction score
i went to the dealer today and took detailed pics of a lux without the ELP, and then looked at all the photos i could find because i haven't found an actual vehicle with the ELP option in it to compare. i decided not to order that option- it would be very nice but the lux leather with the windsor seats is nice looking as is (as was mentioned in earlier post) i would have ordered it if it seemed that the leather would be more durable on the dash and doors with the exposure to sunlight, heat, etc. but i feared that if i didn't keep up with it, i'd be sorry. i also decided not to order the 20 inch wheels. order is complete now and looking forward to receiving my LR4. thanks everyone for your responses and see y'all around!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went to the dealer today and took detailed pics of a lux without the ELP, and then looked at all the photos i could find because i haven't found an actual vehicle with the ELP option in it to compare. i decided not to order that option- it would be very nice but the lux leather with the windsor seats is nice looking as is (as was mentioned in earlier post) i would have ordered it if it seemed that the leather would be more durable on the dash and doors with the exposure to sunlight, heat, etc. but i feared that if i didn't keep up with it, i'd be sorry. i also decided not to order the 20 inch wheels. order is complete now and looking forward to receiving my LR4. thanks everyone for your responses and see y'all around!
I think if you're special ordering the extended leather is somewhat hard to pass up for 1K. They are both very durable. The leather dash and instrument cluster (with the stitching) really levels-up the interior. But, if you're buying off the lot and you love something and it doesn't have it, who cares right. The 20s are a waste of money IMO. Very expensive and you don't really don't need them and they don't perform as well when you need the LRs off-roading/really bad weather performance - although they look great.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I have it on my 2013. I think the leather with stitching above the instrument panel is what looks the nicest vs. my old 2010. I agree with the others who said you shouldn't reject a spec with everything you want but the extended leather, but you should go for it if given the chance.

I wonder if some of this package gets added to the 2014 interior refresh for the higher trim levels.

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good on the Almond and Arabica interiors, but I think it's unnecessary on the the black dashboards (ebony and ivory). If I was going with Almond I would probably get it, but I am leaning strongly towards the Ivory interior (which has the black dash) and if I do go that way I'm skipping the ELP.

Just my two cents.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut