First time LR4 owner from Brazil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Willi

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone

It's probably unusual for a foreigner to come around here but this was the best place I could find regarding resources, stories and even help on LR4's

I just got my own, a 2010 TDV6 HSE with a bit above 60k km. The car was pristine mechanically (it was previously a very well tended mall queen) and now I'm it's happy new owner.

I've got it for about 15 days now, took me about 4 months to decide to buy this specific car (mainly because it was so well maintained).

And apart from two minor cosmetic marks, it's perfect.

One thing I noticed is that, despite being a rather expensive car here in Brazil, you can find parts rather easily. Parts cost match the vehicle though, but I am ready to deal with that.

Here are some photos of the beauty (I apologise for the location, but I'm currently at work and we park the cars next to the maintenance workshop in an "empty" building used for storage).

Better photos are sure to come.

I travel a lot and plan on improving on the car, like a roof rack, aux lights and travel comforts

I'm already designing a secondary fuel tank that doesn't require getting rid of the spare tire, it won't hold nearly as much as the one I've seen from Long Ranger, but it's something. makes use of an empty nook under the passenger side. Pics will come sometime soon.

Accessories for these cars are incredibly hard to come by, but I got access to a complete machine shop (no CNC equipment though, we do things old-school here) so I might cobble up a thing or two and will hopefully be able to show you guys.

P5060003.JPG
P5060002.JPG
P5060001.JPG

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I think that'll be a wonderful vehicle for Brazil. I'm based in the us but have many friends in Brazil and usually spend a week or two a year in Rio and Sao Paulo.

Willi

Reaction score
Thanks a lot.
I've been to the US quite a few times already, but mostly for work and usually in Florida or Louisiana, so I don't know much about the north.

I do plan on, someday, do a continental trip, going from Brazil all the way to Canada.
I know for a fact that the car can handle that, the problem is planning, but that's a dream for the future.

For now I'm done putting mudflaps on the D4 and I'm considering if I should get a G4 Challenge roof rack I found for sale or try to fabricate a prospeed-style one...

Willi

Reaction score
Thanks, it is in great condition.

Had a bit of fun this weekend with her, it was just dirt roads and some hill ascent, but the view was magnificent. Not nearly a challenge for this beast.

Also, she's on asphalt tires so I'll be wearing them out and will put some nice ATR's on her later. Not many options for 20" here in brazil so I might go with Pirelli Scorpion or something similar.

Considering adding 18" wheels to the planning for easier tire sourcing, but not sure if it's worth it. This car won't be seeing much mud, it's more for long-distance travel with some of it off road.

upload_2019-5-13_9-35-31.png

upload_2019-5-13_9-35-43.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA