First Winter Drive...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...for my 2013.
Hey, it came up from Florida for me. There's a good chance it's never seen snow before! :D

I'm not crazy about the tires on it for snow, but it did great as you would expect.

Schools around here were closed due to cold weather, but we only had a dusting of snow. I had to drive west a couple hours to find a proper storm...

2v2J2CSAyxvn42L.jpg

2v2J2CSKUxvn42L.jpg

2v2J2CSpnxvn42L.jpg

...and then snowkited it.

2v2J2CScqxvn42L.jpg

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great shots. Were you at Deep Creek Lake or somewhere in PA? I would love to head out to DCL for some weekday skiing this season and I'm also trying to plan a trip to see my sister in Vermont.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great shots. Were you at Deep Creek Lake or somewhere in PA? I would love to head out to DCL for some weekday skiing this season and I'm also trying to plan a trip to see my sister in Vermont.
Thanks. That's High Point Lake in PA. Just a bit north of Deep Creek. The guy I was out with is headed to DCL today. Ice is 5'" thick at both. Plenty strong.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a real snowstorm here in Vermont yesterday. I took my LR 4 out on unplowed back roads and had great fun the tow trucks were out in force pulling flatlanders out of snowbanks but with winter tires my LR was really in its element.

It’s been nagging me all morning to take it out again

Frank

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m running Dunlap Winter Maxx

I bought the car late Nov ‘16 and by the time I tried to get winter tires (20 inch rims) this was all I could find.

I don’t have other winter tires to compare them to, but so far they have been adequate on slick icy roads and also deep snow. I don’t know how they’ll wear but they are pretty quiet on dry highways although mileage is down.

Frank

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh 20 inch is an issue for true all season as nokian doesnt make the wr3 in our size - i went with 19s for this reason. they do make the hakkas in 20inch though but then you wld need 2 sets of wheels.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing like a frosted LR4 to get the juices flowing and make me want to break out the camera.

I had to drive west a couple hours to find a proper storm...

Haha, exactly. I know the feeling :)

I remember when I first got my LR3 back in '06, having lived in the east coast with new england winter for fifteen years, I was so psyched to drive it on snow/ice that only a couple of days later I actually drove quite a bit of ways out and into the state next door which had already had dumpings as my area had not yet seen any storms at the time, just so I could drive my LR3 on snow/ice. Ha, some crazy thing to do. LR marketing should take inspiration for their TV ads from these stories :) :

"Land Rover LR4, so safe and fun that it will make you want to drive right into the storms." Ha.

Too bad after my LR3 purchase I stayed in the east coast for only about three more months and missed all the winter fun that one could have in LR3/4. But I did get some taste of its capabilities in snow (and lack there of due to the ****** GoodYear all-season OEM rubber) before my move to the west coast via 3k cross country drive in my brand new truck.

I miss driving thru the winter storms in my LR3/4 :) as west coast is usually all dry in winter unless you venture out to the mountains.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Land Rover LR4, so safe and fun that it will make you want to drive right into the storms." Ha.

Or how about:

"Weather forecast calls for #bombcyclone and terrible driving conditions. If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of Land Rovers chuckling softly in anticipation."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV