1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flickering headlights, radio and interior lights LR4 2016

Discussion in 'LR4' started by kelly hanania, Feb 14, 2020.

1. kelly hanania

kelly hanania New Member

Has anyone heard of this problem? My door locks also click lightly at the same time. This will happen over a week, go away and then come back a few months later.

nicko likes this.
  2. JDiehl

JDiehl Active Member

On very cold days (below freezing) my lights have flashed and a clicking noise can be heard under the passenger side dash. All the lights will go out and then the adaptive head lamp warning lights up on the instrument cluster. I have never been able to find out what is causing it. Are you getting any lights on the dash? It will clear up after a restart and operate normally until another cold day.

3. RoverGhost

RoverGhost Active Member

Hi, could be loose battery cable.

4. nicko

nicko Member

dealer claims it's a 'known issue' - don't you hate this - i have the exact sequence/oddities happen to me. at times just after the instance of 'strobe effect', my "GEAR BOX FAULT" will illuminate, even "TRANSMITION FAULT" illuminates - i don't believe this is merely a loose battery cable. i want to apologize to others on the road who believe i'm flashing my lights at them - a little embarrassing and my JLR dealer/mechanic/Service guys in Peoria, IL claim "it's a known issue" and merely shrug their shoulders then expect me to pay ~$200. doesn't happen in the summer time when all things are equal save for the a/c being on rather than the heat and that stupid 'auto on' FRONT/REAR defog if the temp is under 40degrees, i'm convinced this has something to do with the issue but who am i but a sukker paying 2 keep the lights on at JLR Peoria, IL