Fog Light Bulb...

Discussion in 'LR4' started by iconoclast, Aug 21, 2019.

1. iconoclast

iconoclast Full Access Member

Regarding 2014+ LR4... Has anyone on here been able to match the fog light bulb to the hid color temperature? If so; please share which bulb looks like the best match. Thanks.

2. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

Most white fog lights are borderline useless. Switch the bulbs to PIAA yellow bulbs and you will have better visibility in blinding snow. I have driven in a blizzard with the headlights off and just the yellow fog lights on to reduce the headlight glare coming off the falling snow. They are even bright enough to light up the reflectors along the side of the road so you can stay on a road covered with blowing snow and no tire tracks in front of you.

When changing out the fog light bulbs, put some masking tape over the holes in the plastic piece under the bulbs. Then you won't have to go to the hardware store to replace the bulb screws that will fall into those holes.

3. iconoclast

I've had yellow in the past along with lamin-x cover. I was hoping to change it up. Perhaps it is worth it to keep what works.

[​IMG]

4. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

Nice picture! I agree, in snow and actual fog, yellow fog lights work far better than white.

5. iconoclast

Excellent. I will keep it as is then. Thank you for the info and feedback. Greatly appreciated.

6. dlonesty

dlonesty Member

I really like the Marimoto bulbs I put in my truck. 2011 LR4HSE Lux in gray.

7. toddjb122

toddjb122 Full Access Member

I asked this a couple years ago. There are similar replies and some links to bulbs you may find of interest;
    FOG LIGHT REPLACEMENT BULBS

(I just re-read that old thread and realized you were on it @iconoclast! Seems like your memory is as good as mine. :D)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    iconoclast likes this.
  8. iconoclast

Indeed. While my opinion remains the same I wanted to change up the look I have currently and color match but it seems leaving them the way they are may be best.

toddjb122 likes this.