Folding mirrors while locking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blkrover1111

Reaction score
Hello any help will be appreciated does any one know how to disable the mirrors from folding when locking the doors with the iid tool

kdegLR4

Reaction score
no need to use to use the tool, the instructions for turning on/off the folding function are in the manual.

Blkrover1111

Reaction score
I lock and un lock to door very often and I'm just thinking these motors will go bad soon that's why I want to turn them off from folding while locking the doors. I read the manual but nothing to dis arm them

TrungH

Reaction score
It should be in your dash menu. Just press ok or a direction on the right steering wheel pad and you should be able to find it in there. The menu isn't very exhaustive, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding it.

Edit: Nvm, it's not in that menu. I apologize for the bad info.

Last edited:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thought about the motors breaking, but I love being able to just look at the car and know whether the doors are locked or unlocked...

Same here. The only time I considered disabling them was this summer when they made occasional creaking noises when folding. I asked my indy about it and he said to NOT put any wet lubes in there. He said just wait till the humid weather passes and you'll notice it goes away (he was right).

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BCM-Body Control -> Power Fold Mirrors

(I think)

Correct, you need to load the CCF first, then > scroll to BCM - Body Control > scroll to Power Fold Mirror > the default is Fitted with Logic. Change from "Fitted with Logic" to "Fitted", exit and perform the steps required to save the modified CCF to the car (it's going to be a suspenseful couple of minutes if you've never done that before...) If the modified CCF loads successfully, the side mirrors will still power fold and unfold, but only manually when the buttons are pressed inside the car, not automatically when you lock or unlock the doors. As a reminder, after loading a modified CCF you normally need to reset clock and date in the touchscreen's setup menu, and switch from km to miles in the instrument cluster's menu.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi