From Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudogp250

Reaction score
Let me introduce myself.

Over the last few months I have been looking to purchase a Land Rover. Outside of the winter months here in Ohio I will use it for weekend
getaways to various State / National Forest and remote camping sometimes towing motorcycles to these locations. I have been looking at the LR3/LR4.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Where in Ohio?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me introduce myself.

Over the last few months I have been looking to purchase a Land Rover. Outside of the winter months here in Ohio I will use it for weekend
getaways to various State / National Forest and remote camping sometimes towing motorcycles to these locations. I have been looking at the LR3/LR4.

Welcome, see anything out there you like so far?

Loudogp250

Reaction score
Welcome, see anything out there you like so far?
I have seen a few. I have a good friend that is into overlanding. He drives a Toyota 4runner. I hope to join him on a few adventures in the spring.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If your in still looking, give Nathan a call in my signature he makes a living out of finding Rovers for people.

Loudogp250

Reaction score
If your in still looking, give Nathan a call in my signature he makes a living out of finding Rovers for people.
Thanks joey,

I will check him out.

I am totally new to off-road / Overlanding in a 4x4. After settling on a Jeep product I find myself coming back to the Land Rover. I love the character, ability to travel comfortably with your family plus towing that the Rover gives me. I currently have a reliable daily driver so this purchase will be vehicle #3. Maybe your input can guide me in the right direction.

1. Tip my toe in and go with a Discovery II(2002-2004? These are fairly cheap and let me try out Overlanding to see if I like it. I am good with a wrench and I have access to a shop. Are the reliability issues a concern? Found this LR in Columbus.
  2. Stand with the water waist high and go with an LR3/LR4? More in cost. $16,000 - $26,000 with the mileage I am comfortable with.
  3. Dive in and grab a 2015-18 Discovery Sport? Will have a warranty and get me to most places after new wheels and tires. Not many aftermarket accessories.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a daily driver and you just want to start off roading, the D2 i.e. 2004 Disco would be a great option and this red one is very nice and a good price. Just plan on changing all fluids to make sure you have a good base line.

Do not get a Discovery sport for off roading. The D2 with lockers will go just about anywhere you point the front end, even without the locker it will still go most places most other vehicles need to be modified to go. Plus they are fairly comfortable getting there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut