Front Air Struts - time to replace...what else "while I'm in there"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoPsi

Reaction score
Looks like oil is leaking from the front air struts in my 2010 LR4. They also aren't riding as well as they once did. 180,00km (111,000miles) on the vehicle.

I was hoping to replace with Bilstein air struts, but can't find any readily available...so I'll be using the Arnott brand.

While I'm in there, are there any parts (connectors, hoses, air lines, bushings, mounts, hardware, etc...) that I should replace?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Joe77

Reaction score
How are your LCA's? Any clunking when going over speedbumps?

Where are you getting the struts from, and how much $ if you don't mind me asking. I'll be doing mine soon as well and I'm also in Calgary.

NoPsi

Reaction score

NoPsi

Reaction score
How are your LCA's? Any clunking when going over speedbumps?

Where are you getting the struts from, and how much $ if you don't mind me asking. I'll be doing mine soon as well and I'm also in Calgary.
LCA's have been done, including firmer rearward lower bushings. I have Arnott on order (should arrive Monday) but am still trying to source Bilstein B6. I own some euro service/repair shops in Calgary so will have our team of tech's do the supply/install ;) Feel free to DM me for anything pricing related.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no real work savings by doing other things while you are in there, beyond maybe jacking up the vehicle and removing the wheel. Almost every other job can be done with the strut connected, especially if you've already got the control arm bushings done.

For the price difference, I don't think there's any way I would just do the shock and not the entire strut, especially at your mileage.

mateostyle

Reaction score
On the passenger front side (Left hand drive), how do you get to the back nut on top of the air strut? Would greatly appreciate any insight on this conundrum. Thanks

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the passenger front side (Left hand drive), how do you get to the back nut on top of the air strut? Would greatly appreciate any insight on this conundrum. Thanks
I haven't done mine yet (ordering parts soon) but I've read a flex head ratchet may help, or you might be able to get to that nut from the engine compartment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi