Front Fender Flare

Discussion in 'LR4' started by LR4FoxsSake, Feb 14, 2020 at 6:34 PM.

1. LR4FoxsSake

LR4FoxsSake Active Member

So wife had the truck today and someone love-tapped her (Valentine's Day) and trying to figure out if I file a claim or have the perpetrator pay direct. Feels like just the molding - plus color match and film. Anyone had to replace one of these and any idea of cost? Looks like some of the clips are broken and feels like it's a snap on.

IMG_6213.jpeg

2. Cthehentz

Cthehentz Full Access Member

3. LR4FoxsSake

LR4FoxsSake Active Member

Do these just snap on? @Cthehentz Thanks for the part link, I will call and see if these come primed or what the deal is.

I found this one for $200 online but wonder if the black marks from front to back can be buffed out or if this needs to be re-sprayed.

salvage.png

4. Cthehentz

Cthehentz Full Access Member

They do snap on, mine came painted off a wrecked vehicle just wrong color. I think I ordered clips off eBay. Im not sure if it will clean up, the scratches may be to deep to buff out so it may need to be painted.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:56 PM
  5. silvajt2

silvajt2 Member

I have a set for all four corners. The are off a 2014 LR4 Fuji White. I had them removed when I got the truck in 2014 and replaced them with the rough black wheel arches.

PM me if interested.

6. allegro

allegro Member

I had a similar situation last year and found an OEM part online from Land Rover Reno for $120. A local body shop charged about $100 to color match it. The flare was listed as fasteners-included, but the flare arrived without them so I had a little delay waiting for everything to arrive.

While waiting, I removed my cracked flare and pulled the cracks together with Gorilla tape on the interior surface. You could barely see the cracks once remounted.

As you probably discovered, there are a few fasteners to remove before popping the flare off - plastic push-rivets at the top and rear of the arch, a screw at the front, and a hidden screw accessed from under the hood after removing the grill and headlight. With your flare removed you’ll be able to see what broken clips/fasteners you’ll need to order for whichever new flare you source.

Getting a painted flare from another member sounds like a great option.