Front Fender Flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4FoxsSake

Reaction score
So wife had the truck today and someone love-tapped her (Valentine's Day) and trying to figure out if I file a claim or have the perpetrator pay direct. Feels like just the molding - plus color match and film. Anyone had to replace one of these and any idea of cost? Looks like some of the clips are broken and feels like it's a snap on.

IMG_6213.jpeg

LR4FoxsSake

Reaction score
Do these just snap on? @Cthehentz Thanks for the part link, I will call and see if these come primed or what the deal is.

I found this one for $200 online but wonder if the black marks from front to back can be buffed out or if this needs to be re-sprayed.

salvage.png

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do snap on, mine came painted off a wrecked vehicle just wrong color. I think I ordered clips off eBay. Im not sure if it will clean up, the scratches may be to deep to buff out so it may need to be painted.

Last edited:

silvajt2

Reaction score
I have a set for all four corners. The are off a 2014 LR4 Fuji White. I had them removed when I got the truck in 2014 and replaced them with the rough black wheel arches.

PM me if interested.

allegro

Reaction score
I had a similar situation last year and found an OEM part online from Land Rover Reno for $120. A local body shop charged about $100 to color match it. The flare was listed as fasteners-included, but the flare arrived without them so I had a little delay waiting for everything to arrive.

While waiting, I removed my cracked flare and pulled the cracks together with Gorilla tape on the interior surface. You could barely see the cracks once remounted.

As you probably discovered, there are a few fasteners to remove before popping the flare off - plastic push-rivets at the top and rear of the arch, a screw at the front, and a hidden screw accessed from under the hood after removing the grill and headlight. With your flare removed you’ll be able to see what broken clips/fasteners you’ll need to order for whichever new flare you source.

Getting a painted flare from another member sounds like a great option.

Crosboro

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you file an insurance claim against the person who hit it? Won't impact your insurance, and it will be repaired properly.

PoppyAnn

Reaction score
crosboro here in uk even if it was not your fault it still makes a difference when you next insure plus you have to pay the deductible which can be between £50 and £1000 depending on what you arrange when you first start the insurance which is normally worked out by your age and horsepower of vehicle.

Crosboro

Reaction score
crosboro here in uk even if it was not your fault it still makes a difference when you next insure plus you have to pay the deductible which can be between £50 and £1000 depending on what you arrange when you first start the insurance which is normally worked out by your age and horsepower of vehicle.

Interesting--thanks for the input. But, the original post was from someone in the U.S. We aren't penalized when someone else is at fault.

LR4FoxsSake

Reaction score
Sorry took a while to respond. The person's insurance company will pay for the repair. I was originally thinking of just having the person pay me cash and I would source one and swap out but he has not responded. Body shop wants $467 to get the part and color match. Would be interesting to see what the white looks like with the rough black wheel arches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72