Front Seatbelt Stuck on Headrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael99b

Reaction score
OK...so here is a new one. My front passenger seat belt is wrapped around the headrest. I do not have enough slack to pull it back over the headrest. The seat belt is locked in place. Is there a way to disengage the locking mechanism on the seat belt or alternatively, is there a way to remove the headrest?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the headrest. There's a little tab on the black plastic ring on the top of the seat back rest. Just press it (or pull it I can't recall right now) and lift and pull out the headrest.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you try to pull gently? What you need to do is try pulling the belt *gently*, just a little bit, to try and release the locking pawl.

Michael99b

Reaction score
@eljefe

I tried the pulling out super slowly thing a few hundred times. That did not work, but thanks for the suggestion.

Michael99b

Reaction score
@AxelR

You are a genius my friend. I know on the back seats you can push the little tab and the headrest pops right out, but I could not get that to work on the front seat. However, on the front seat, if you push on the visible tab AND also push on the inset tab on the other post, the headrest comes right out. You then must also push on both tabs to get the headrest back in. Thanks so much.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny we're driving back from Grand Canyon and I just took a picture of the part for you (while my wife is driving).
Glad I could help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA