Fuel Filter Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all the cars i've owned, there has been a fuel filter downstream of the in-tank fuel pump and has been a replacement item every 60-70k or so. This is my first DI vehicle and I know the fuel pump system is different, with high pressure pumps at the front, and an electric pump in the trunk(i think). Is there a replaceable fuel filter somewhere between the tank and the engine? Is it a regular maintenance item like in non-di motors? Thanks!

blake aiken

Reaction score
The fuel filter in the lr4 sits on top of the in tank pump. You have to drop the tank to replace it. The fuel tank skid is heavy and there’s 5 or so hoses that route along the top of the tank you have to fiddle with as the tank comes up and down. It’s a pita process for a somewhat regular service item on a truck that is intolerant of bad fuel.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IS this the same on a 2005 LR# 4.4 V8? I thought the fuel pump on the tank was accessable via the passenger side back seat area? Maybe I was dreaming.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to do a B44 fuel system additive clean on my truck and was wondering, cause I've heard you might want to change the fuel filter after that. Not sure why this would be needed on this in tank filter type, which from the workshop manual sounds like just a little more than a screen filter or sock filter on older stuff.
Anyone have problems like this? I'm geting too rich codes on the Rover. I'm suspecting maybe a blocked injector causing an over adjustment on adjacent injector but not sure.
Also thinking of changing out the fuel injectors.

Anyone have a good suggestion for rebuilt fuel injectors? seen some on E Baey for good price, anyone have opinions?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the fuel filter, but can speak to injectors. I had 2 injectors replaced by an Indy and I did the other 4 myself. I bought all 4, brand new from ebay for about $135 a piece (did not come with injector clips). Just make sure you find the right ones for your car.

This seller actually messaged me and requested my VIN to ensure fitment. Speaks volumes for the seller:

https://ebay.com/usr/lrbritishparts

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bg44k fuel additive works. Its not necessarily a filter cleaner, its a system cleaner.
I gained 1.5mpg on my car. Had 140k miles when I used it, and I'm unsure of the history.

1.5mpg might not seam like much, but when it only gets 14-15mpg to begin with...thats alot.

I can only assume since it bumped my mpg, it did its job and cleaned something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut