Fuel pump filter

Does my warranty cover plane tickets too?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beth Winfield

Reaction score
Ok so last I posted how much I loved this car. I’ve had this car less than a year. I drove it to Santa Fe NM and when I got here the warning light came on and it said, “Fuel pump filter full.” Service required. It took me over a week to get it in and get a loaner as I was here for business. I took it in on a Thursday. They said they needed to send for a new one and that the old one wasn’t working correctly. They got the part late Monday. Tuesday they said the bolts had gotten so hot that they can’t get the old ones out. They broke off in the old filter. Tomorrow will be a week out and I was supposed to leave last Saturday. Now, they say they may have to tow the car back to Sacramento and I’ll need to fly back so I can get back home. Seriously never heard of this!!

Beth Winfield

Reaction score
Weird that I didn’t get the amber warning and I drove it around 60-70 for three days (6 hours a day)prior to the red warning light coming on. They said it wasn’t working and got so hot it melted the bolts.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the system failed (or it's sensor that would trigger the light). At least you have proof you did what was required since you were on a long journey to get where you are. So that may help get LR to pay for the flight if they cannot fix it there...

rally3

Reaction score
Ok so last I posted how much I loved this car. I’ve had this car less than a year. I drove it to Santa Fe NM and when I got here the warning light came on and it said, “Fuel pump filter full.” Service required. It took me over a week to get it in and get a loaner as I was here for business. I took it in on a Thursday. They said they needed to send for a new one and that the old one wasn’t working correctly. They got the part late Monday. Tuesday they said the bolts had gotten so hot that they can’t get the old ones out. They broke off in the old filter. Tomorrow will be a week out and I was supposed to leave last Saturday. Now, they say they may have to tow the car back to Sacramento and I’ll need to fly back so I can get back home. Seriously never heard of this!!

Land Rover will typically pay for your flight home then when the car is fixed they will tow it back to your home,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV