Fuel purge valve / Fumes Smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangeRover11Sport

Reaction score
My truck has developed the fuel smell while driving. Smells stronger around rear passenger tire. Can someone tell me the location of the fuel purge valve. I have located the other pump under wheel well. No leaks noticed at this time. Day one into this PROBLEM

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 08’ back last night, last week wife fueled up and I smelt strong gas odor in garage around her car, if she didn’t drive it for a day or so the odor went away but if she drove the raw fuel smell was toxic. Local shop replaced the fuel pump assembly because it had cracked on top of the unit. My guess is that may be your problem and no codes either.

RangeRover11Sport

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. This is the current state of truck. Started work on it this morning.

78B1C26C-9AA3-4F29-9CCC-4586348A96A2.jpeg

image.jpg

RangeRover11Sport

Reaction score
Well Truck is back together. Fuel smell is gone but now dash lights of battery states charging system. New battery was installed but battery light is still on, so aggravating

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut