Fuel system cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys which fuel system cleaner do you recommend? I heard in this forum BG's 44K but I'm having a bit of trouble finding it here in Mexico. Is there any descent alternative? prestone any good?
I'm currently getting 11 mpg so perhaps an injector cleaner may help

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover recommends BG 44K only. I am no expert, but my indy shop says BG 44K is worth the hassle of sourcing it - it's not that easy to find at stores here either. Amazon sells it.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh techron yes! I've seen that, mmm might give it a try... shipping times for the bg44k aren't bad tho so I might just stick to that one, btw if you've got a mminute check my post on the EAS leak, it's rather suspicious/interesting hahaha

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar leak too except it's the front...I'm keeping an eye on that thread lol. I thought it was just a leaky valve block hopefully not the compressor.

I'm guessing the Techron is probably a bit milder than the BG44k.

twoboarders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check Amazon? That is where I order my 44K. I know they ship most things to Mexico.

Guys which fuel system cleaner do you recommend? I heard in this forum BG's 44K but I'm having a bit of trouble finding it here in Mexico. Is there any descent alternative? prestone any good?
I'm currently getting 11 mpg so perhaps an injector cleaner may help

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar leak too except it's the front...I'm keeping an eye on that thread lol. I thought it was just a leaky valve block hopefully not the compressor.

I'm guessing the Techron is probably a bit milder than the BG44k.

Just spent the afternoon checking the rear valve block myself and indeed found no leaks at all, neither on the connections to the airbags, so perhaps it is indeed my compressor.
I don't think yours is the compressor for one reason:
When I took it to the last indy mechanic and told him about it, he immediately said: "does it lower mainly on the rear right?" when I told him yes he said it was most likely the compressor but it was worth checking the valve block.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick