Full Size Spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Sorry this may be a dumb questions but looking to get a full size spare but I'm a little confused.
I have a 2014 with the 19" wheels. Am I looking for the same wheel that came on the vehicle or is the full size spare just a big sized donut?

Side question - anyone have the part number for the 19" spare? I shot a request over to my local dealer but haven't heard back yet.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Called dealer, they were no real help.
Told me that a 7 seater couldn't fit a full size spare... don't think that is true.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Told me that a 7 seater couldn't fit a full size spare... don't think that is true.
they are idiots. All LR4s can fit the fullsize spare. Just look on ebay.

If I were you I'd buy the same type of rim you have now and mount the same tire you have and rotate it along with the other 4.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You don't want to buy the wheel new. I'd hate to know how much it would cost.

I bought one off eBay. People are always wanting to unload the 19" wheels to either move up to dubs or to get 18" wheels.

They fit in the standard location fine. In fact, LR4's with the HD package came with a full size spare from the factory.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Thanks all!
When the LR Parts department told me that, I told him I didn't he was correct.

I found a used wheel that is the same as mine. Will go that route.

Cheers!

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have full size spares on both LR4's, one with a steel wheel and one with mag rims. Dealers sometimes don't know a rim from a hole in the ground. God forbid they use the internet to see what it is you need.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have full size spares on both LR4's, one with a steel wheel and one with mag rims. Dealers sometimes don't know a rim from a hole in the ground. God forbid they use the internet to see what it is you need.

What steel wheel?
The one that came with the LR4?

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears the HSE was special ordered with a full size spare but it is steel and not a mag rim. I was surprised the first time I dropped it to check the pressure. The LUX has the locker and heavy duty option and came with a full size mag rim.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears the HSE was special ordered with a full size spare but it is steel and not a mag rim. I was surprised the first time I dropped it to check the pressure. The LUX has the locker and heavy duty option and came with a full size mag rim.
Do you have a picture?
Land Rover never supplied a full size steel wheel. The temporary spare wheel from Land Rover is a steel wheel, but obviously a donut.

I'm curious what you have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV