Fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

It seems that when I use my rear 12V power outlet (in the back cargo area) with my portable air compressor, it blows a fuse. This also happened on my 2011 as well. I need to buy some spare fuses, but any suggestions? Everything is fine if I use the front 12V power outlet, it's just in the cargo area. Thanks!

-David

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, those will work, but do not use a higher rated fuse to keep it from blowing.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, those will work, but do not use a higher rated fuse to keep it from blowing.
Thanks so much!

Should I be maybe shutting off the radio, etc. when using the back 12V plut? Am I trying to pull too much juice? I am only using an air compressor meant for a 12V plug.

-David

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plug my compressor into the battery (like jumper cables), until i do the second battery mod.....

drivesafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David and what is the current requirement for you compressor?

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only other thing on that fuse is the other power outlet in the console, if you have anything plugged in there, take it out before powering up the compressor.

It's a 20A circuit, so you should be using a compressor that is rated below that, or 240W.

Also, using it with the engine running may help if it is running and then blowing the fuse after a few minutes.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plug my compressor into the battery (like jumper cables), until i do the second battery mod.....
I need to do this as well. I know I saw a few good air compressors with clips - much faster than 12V.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only other thing on that fuse is the other power outlet in the console, if you have anything plugged in there, take it out before powering up the compressor.

It's a 20A circuit, so you should be using a compressor that is rated below that, or 240W.

Also, using it with the engine running may help if it is running and then blowing the fuse after a few minutes.
Thanks, RoverGuy!

My air compressor is rated for 240W. I always use the air compressor with the engine running and do not have anything plugged in except my small portable flashlight (in the front console) and a USB plug - though both are not taking juice at that time.

Any hints on changing out the fuse - I would imagine I just look in the manual, pop out the old fuse, and pop in the new one.

I ordered those fuses I posted above.

-David

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi