G'Day from Houston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasevo3rs

Reaction score
Recently landed Aussie now residing in Houston.

After getting out and about around Western Australia in an old '99 Mitsi Pajero, got myself into a 2012 LR4 HSE LUX last week so looking forward to exploring and seeing what the US has to offer as far as getting off the beaten track.

The 'new' 4x4.... sorry 'truck', seems to have been well taken care of (as much as can be seen), very clean inside and out and seems to have never been off the tarmac. Primary concern was that it was previously based in the Hill Country and has racked up a fair few miles... currently just under 180,000 showing on the clock! Whilst carfax listed a bunch of service history there was no detail so after perusing this forum prior to purchase, I checked out the timing chain for both noise on cold start-up and any signs of slack by peeping under the oil cap. As far as I can tell, seems to be ok. I'm reasonably handy on the tools after rallying Mitsi Evo's back home, so after a bit of haggling settled on a good price.

Immediate things to do:
- Run a can of BG44K
- Oil and Filter Change
- Replace the front air suspension valve block as front suspension dropping when sat for two or so days

Whilst a complete newbie to the world of Land Rover, quite liking my new ride and considering the price of these 4x4's back in Oz, represent great value considering the kit they come with..... shall hopefully be saying the same thing a year from now!

Anyway, glad to make eveyone's acquaintance and shall looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Cheers
Jason

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. At 180,000 on the clock, I would recommend changing all the fluids hoses and belts so you know where things stand. Usually the first owner takes great care (under warranty), second owner drives it till it breaks, then the third owner cheaply fixes stuff or does nothing. After that it tends to mean no service or you find all the things no one else has done. As you mentioned the front air bags leaking.

I would also check the air filters (engine and cabin)

Jasevo3rs

Reaction score
Thanks Joey... cabin filter, hoses, belts, coils, filters steadily arriving over the next week.

Fortunately found she's fitted with K&N air filters so shall clean and re-oil.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Be careful with K&N, if it is over oiled it will **** your MAF Sensor.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72