GOBI Rack Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snag_Devil

Reaction score
On March 20 I ordered a GOBI rack from my local dealer (the one GOBI referred me to).

At the time I was quoted 12-14 weeks by the dealer. I plopped down my cash.

On July 30 my dealer finally responded to me and gave me the "we've not heard from GOBI" line. I called GOBI to find out if an order had been received from my dealer, and they couldn't track it, but the delightful person on the phone did say that production is normal, 14 weeks from order.

For anyone counting, we're no working on week 21.

I get it, GOBI wants to be loyal to its dealers and doesn't get in the habit of giving the customer information that could make its dealer look bad. I can respect that. But in this case, I'm wondering if my dealer is about to become a business casualty of COVID, and I'm about to be screwed.

Would you be worried, or should I chill, pop a beer, and hope all turns out ok?

Thanks everyone.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you spoke to your dealer after GOBI said they had no record of the order? what did your dealer say?

assuming you paid by credit, may want to open a dispute sooner than later, just to make sure that the time limit doesn't pass.

Edward2595

Reaction score
Which dealer?

Personally, I'd ask for a refund and also contact your credit card if that is what you used to pay. They are now well outside the original quote time and you're also saying GOBI cannot confirm and order from them.

Snag_Devil

Reaction score
Good though on the credit card company. For some reason I always forget that one.

Dealer says GOBI is shipping the rack tomorrow, so I'll give it a few days before cancelling.

I didn't name the dealer yet, because I don't want to damage their reputation unnecessarily.

Thanks fellas.

Yossarian38

Reaction score
On March 20 I ordered a GOBI rack from my local dealer (the one GOBI referred me to).

At the time I was quoted 12-14 weeks by the dealer. I plopped down my cash.

On July 30 my dealer finally responded to me and gave me the "we've not heard from GOBI" line. I called GOBI to find out if an order had been received from my dealer, and they couldn't track it, but the delightful person on the phone did say that production is normal, 14 weeks from order.

For anyone counting, we're no working on week 21.

I get it, GOBI wants to be loyal to its dealers and doesn't get in the habit of giving the customer information that could make its dealer look bad. I can respect that. But in this case, I'm wondering if my dealer is about to become a business casualty of COVID, and I'm about to be screwed.

Would you be worried, or should I chill, pop a beer, and hope all turns out ok?

Thanks everyone.
Sigh. I love Gobi. They make a great rack and I have one on my jK. However, there are complaints about the time delays that go back to 2008 and may be even earlier.

Here is the thing. If you want an extra part on your rack that you did not order with it. Guess what. Same wait. That’s for a common part that goes across the racks. So if you want to add something, wait. Want to talk to them. Wait.

Sorry, but there is zero reason for their service, or lack there of. It’s just too damn easy to be better and they know it. They sell the most expensive racks on the market and have the worst shipping times. Great people. Great rack. People want their products. There is a common formula that works and they do not follow it. It is just not hard to keep extra parts around.

If I had to do it again, I would skip Gobi. Also, don’t order from a dealer; as you found out they don’t keep stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi