Got bad news, tell me it's not so!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I was on my mission to add fog lights to my 06 LR3 bumper...I called the dealer to price out the parts and they told me since my truck did not come with the fog lights, I would never get it to work! Please say it ain't so...I was going off the part list below.

right light: XBJ000080*
left light: XBJ000090*
light key: YUD501220PVJ*
wires pack: YMQ500762*
light fourniture right: DXB500041PCL*
light fourniture left: DXB500051PCL*
clips : DPL500010 (look for 6 units)

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now they tell me.

I guess I better call back those clients that we've done this conversion to, and tell them that those fogs aren't really working.
Hogwash.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol...so do you know where I can get the parts from the list, because obviously, my dealer does not know what they are talking about!

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in a dealership, and we haven't done many, a whole 2, and they both work fine.
You will get that response sometimes. If it it's not in the catalogue, or in print somewhere, it must be impossible. That's just being closed minded. The coolest part of this job is when I get this kind of question and get to ponder, 'what if...", whether it is a 20" All-Terrain tire, hardwiring something, or adding foglights. That's the kind of stuff I dig.
Enough Rant, time to Roll.
Probably the 2 biggest obstacles will be price of parts, and cutting those holes in the buper cover without worrying to much.

Cheers!

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i order the parts from your dealership...or is it a place online that have all the parts...I looked at atlantic british and they only have the fog lamps....

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how this goes c3c. I am interested in doing this in the future, but I've got too many other things to do first!

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool,
I have some aftermarket fog lights that are around the same size but i want them installed just the OEM ones! I know it is possible.

I was also wondering if I could get a hold of a navigation system and install that as well. i called the dealer ant they told me the same story, if it did not come with navi there is no way to add navi.

Any thoughts guys??

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read on disco3.uk.co that adding navigation to a non-navigation spec D3 is impossible. If you search on that site there are people that have installed aftermarket navigation units in the cubby where the factory navigation unit is fitted. Some of them look like oem installations. I'm sure someone will correct me and say that adding a factory navigation unit is possible, but I guarantee it's so much $$$$$$$$ that the aftermarket solution is the better route.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is ONE guy who did it. He completely disassembled his LR3 (Disco3), removed the entire wiring harness. Then he did the same thing to a D3 that had caught fire in a crash and been junked. He patched and repaired the burnt harness, then reassembled his original car with the new harness. Took him months and months and thousands of euro's, but he did it. By his own admission, it would have been far cheaper to simply sell the first car and buy another with the Nav system. But for him, it was more about the challenge than the reward.

For what its worth, the factory nav system just isn't that great. A $300 Garmin will serve you better.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV