Hail Damage Repair in CO for LR?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got crushed by baseball-sized hail. Should I go through LR recommended shop to fix the LR4? It really got hammered. I'm worried it might need some bodywork as some of the rounded edges and curves got hit and look like someone took a hammer to the car.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope it isn't totalled. Did the roof glass break? Have pictures? Let us know how it goes.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I went through a similar (though not baseball-sized hail!) experience recently n NJ. From what you describe it will most likely need body work.

We had some high straight-line wind storms right before a massive thunderstorm (it felt apocalyptic) and it caught me when I was halfway home from work. Many tree branches came down and I had two damaged areas of roof sheet metal and a cracked panoramic roof.

Are you putting it though insurance? If so, and you don't know a good shop, then it may be a good idea to use whom they recommend...otherwise shop around and talk to people. Metal is metal, but my shop (whom I trust and have a good relationship with) told me they were getting "no-quotes" on the panoramic glass installation, so they had to have the LR dealer install it for a $400 labor charge.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope it isn't totaled. Did the roof glass break? Have pictures? Let us know how it goes.

Nope roof is intact!! I have the Front Runner Slimline roof 2/3 Roof rack. It took the brunt and covers all of the glass minus the sunroof. I have some bad dings on some edges and bends so I think this could get expensive. Apparently, there are only two certified shops for aluminum repair here in CO.
So it will be going to Precision Auto Collison center.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got crushed by baseball-sized hail. Should I go through LR recommended shop to fix the LR4? It really got hammered. I'm worried it might need some bodywork as some of the rounded edges and curves got hit and look like someone took a hammer to the car.

Post up some pics see we can see the damage.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, I have to wash the car so the adjuster can see all the dings. I'll find a good angle to maximize the damage **** in the pictures. It will have to wait until Monday as I'm going off-roading this weekend. My guess? probably easier to replace the hood than spend all that time working those dents out.

We could start a pool on the damage estimate. My guess is 5-6k.

XLR8TOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, I have to wash the car so the adjuster can see all the dings. I'll find a good angle to maximize the damage **** in the pictures. It will have to wait until Monday as I'm going off-roading this weekend. My guess? probably easier to replace the hood than spend all that time working those dents out.

We could start a pool on the damage estimate. My guess is 5-6k.

That was a nasty storm...sorry to hear you got caught up in it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV