HD Pack - after sale installation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, friend had a Wrangler and always complained about it as a daily driver. It drove like a tank, he couldn't even fit his golf clubs in back without removing the seat (2dr), the audio sucked BAD, etc etc. I know it is significantly cheaper than an LR4, but the Jeep has far far too much plastic in the interior. It's worlds apart.

Yeah, I now view a jeep as a dedicated off-road weekend warrior after owning one. I had mine completely rhino lined, so when I'd go out with the top and doors off, I'd just pull the plugs and if it rained, then no problem. Not a very practical vehicle, very singular purposed, IMO

TonyInIdaho

Reaction score
since some years have passed I have a couple of questions. I just picked up a 2014 LR4 HSE deluxe from a friend who was moving overseas. It only has 85K was a good price, but it does not have the HD package. still a great rig so far. any updates on how these fare off-road (now that they have been around for awhile)? Has anyone swapped the 2 speed xfer case by this point. It looks like there are a few wrecked ones showing up at copart and trashed ones for a fair price that could be a made into donor vehicles. Looking for a possible project, but don't know if it would be worth the effort if they are still fairly capable

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't find anyone that has done it and I searched around the whole time I was looking for an LR4. The best offering is to get the front ARB locker and leave the rear open. A front locker is a good option since a lot of SUV's don't have jack **** for locker offerings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72