HDC fault comes on while driving along and suspension goes down, any ideas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy Hutcheson

Reaction score
Hi

My 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE has a fault, when I am driving along towing my car trailer with my TVR Race car on the back, after 10 to 15 miles a warning light and bleep comes on, it says there is a HDC fault and then the suspension lowers it's self down. I stop turn things off and it resets it's self and then it happens again 10 to 15 miles later. It at first only did this on motorways, but now does it on all types off roads and this week its started to do it without the trailer being on it!

Any ideas what's the problem, and what's the cure?

I have heard its a low battery problem, my battery if 18 months old and appears to be OK!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
HDC errors or even suspension system problems could be electrical or depending on the age of the brakes an ABS issue (maybe a dirty sensor). But the HDC then suspension lowering itself almost sounds like a height sensor.

Apprentice

Reaction score
You really do need a full vehicle scan to resolve this, even once you fix the problem, which is frequently caused by communications issues, all the control units need to have the codes cleared for the problem to be fixed.

cdocksey

Reaction score
I think Joey is on the right track.... my 2006 l322 supercharged has exact same behavior but it "always" happens when I hit a bump, hole or irregularity on the road at over, say, 50 km/h. I have not had time to check it out but seems to be quite obvious that it's related with height sensor and it activates when it has a high frequency movement (the road bump at decent speed). Always the same right hand side... all the more signals to height sensor.

olabodejegede

Reaction score
Have u resolved the issue yet? If not, get your vehicle Chasis system scanned comprehensively. Most times you might have a failing Brake Lamp Switch. Height sensors could be culprits too but u would notice the message and Suspension Light turning RED. Do this, Start your car, depress brake harsly and see if the HDC warning light comes up, if so replace the switch.
Also note that a failing height sensor would show indications on your 4x4 screen if your vehicle is equipped with that.
You can also reconfigure your TRANSFER CASE module, could be done with the authorized tools since you said your battery is 18 months old. Please give a feed back on how its sorted out. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut