HDC System Fault - Please Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmivezaj

Reaction score
I own a 2008 Land Rover LR2 (original owner).

Current mileage: 102,000

A few weeks ago I had an issue where the LR2 died at my local grocery store. I quickly realized it was due to the cold weather, not driving the Lr2 for a few days and an old battery. I received a jump and all was well.

A few days later the temp dropped again and there was hesitation in starting. To ensure this didn't happen again, i rushed to my local auto part store and picked up new spark-plugs and a new battery.

When I returned the old battery to receive my 5 bucks, I asked the clerk to test it...it was perfect! This seemed odd.

A few weeks have passed by and of course - spring decided to tease the NY area.

But! Polar Vortex decided to re-appear. The LR2 started a few days ago with a heavy hesitation and displayed "HDC System Fault".

NOW - Today, 1/24/14 - The LR2 barely turned, HDC system fault and died. The LR2 will not attempt to turn. Everything lights up, the batter indicator is not on, all lights and radio work...

I am assuming its either the starter or the spark harness/coil pack.

Has anyone experienced this???? Please help??? The LR2 will not start!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get our alternator checked as well, to me the problem continues sounding more electrical (low battery) than mechanical.

dmivezaj

Reaction score
Thanks, I had the alternator tested when I switched the battery and it was fine. Just had a tow truck take it to a local mechanic.

dmivezaj

Reaction score
Thanks, I had the alternator tested when I switched the battery and it was fine. Just had a tow truck take it to a local mechanic.

Problem solved!

Bad starter!!!!!

My mechanic said mine was the third 2008 LR2 to come in this winter...

I would advise anyone with a similar issue to buy a re-built starter and have it swapped before you are stranded.

dmivezaj

Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up!

No problem! I used to be a ******** "forum-guy" when I owned a Volvo s40 and i know how important this type of information is to people. I hate searching for issues or information and I see forums with unanswered issues where months and years have gone by...

Also, if anyone is a member of land rover forums . com - can they please post a link to this thread under the following thread:

http://landroverf orums.com/forum/lr2-35/

Remove the space :)

I tried but my account is locked for some odd reason... The person that posted at land rover forums is having the same issue I had and has the same year/make/model.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut