head lights condensation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

Amir

last night after driving for an hour or so (outside temperature varying from mid 30s to mid 20s) i noticed that my head lights (the rectangular blank area under flood lights) had developed condensation. I noticed a little condensation when i picked the truck from the dealer a few days ago but didn't care much. But last night the condensation had completely filled up the blank area and had creeped in a little bit into the round flood lights area as well. Kinda ****** about it. Should I bring it to dealer? Is there a fix from LR?

S

schafari

Ah, don't get "******" about condensation in headlights. It is natural. There is a tech bulletin on it. Unless it is a large amount of water with runs and drips covering the actual beam area, it is not covered.

X

xcursion

I have the same issue, but I guess that's just norm for LR. I am sure it is a insulation problem with the headlapm unit. Either way, I am complaining to my dealer and see what happens, even though I doubted anything can be done short of changing the entire lamp unit. And that unit could have the same issue too.....ahh.....such a love and hate relationship.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A reply from a friend of mine, not specific to LR3:

"Most headlamp assemblies today are vented to the atmosphere. This means it's perfectly normal to get some moisture accumulation in the housings, which typically looks like fogging... similar to what you see on the inside of a windshield in humid weather. In most vehicles, it should go away after turning on your headlights for 10 minutes or so.

If you see droplets of water >1mm in size on the lens, that might indicate that the housing isn't properly sealed and you may need to have the headlamp assembly or assemblies replaced."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi