Heated Steering Wheel won't turn on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markmolenda

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with their heated steering wheel turning on in their LR4? We have a 2011 and it just stopped working. The light won't go on and it won't heat up. Is there a fuse or something more wrong?

Thx

Mark

Benner

Reaction score
Did you check the owners manual for a fuse related to it?

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed once i turn mine on it wont turn off. Manual says switch will turn it off but it doesnt. I have to cycle the ignition. Mine is a 2010.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine (2013) turns on or off normally via the steering wheel switch. I think your switch may be defective if you cannot turn it off that way.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switch is momentary right? If so how could it be the switch since it will turn it on? I dont know how it works it just seems strange?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no timer on the switch. You turn it on and you turn it off manually.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No i am saying it is a momentary switch IE it sends a signal to the ecm to toggle the state-either on or off. That is typical of a single switch that is used for both on and off.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No i am saying it is a momentary switch IE it sends a signal to the ecm to toggle the state-either on or off. That is typical of a single switch that is used for both on and off.

My bad, I misread your post. Yes it is. It is strange that it will not turn off your heated steering wheel if turns it on.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These switches on the steering wheel aren't really switches (in a traditional, "mechanical" sense) anymore, they are just pushers to activate functions on a PCB behind them. I imagine your issue is likely to be a worn or dirty contact on a small control board next to that "switch". Just a couple of weeks ago, some of my steering wheel buttons started acting up and controlling the wrong function - or not working at all - when pressed. This was after a major rainstorm. After a couple of days, everything started working again.

Bullneck

Reaction score
I have a 2012 LR4 and the steering wheel heater works sometimes but not others. I turned it on and off a few times back in August and the temp in the car was 90+ and it worked fine. Now that it's snowing (literally, right now in Hartford) it doesn't work. But it might work next week . . .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut