Hello from the Right Coast of Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfGriff

Reaction score
Hi! Just joined here and thought I'd say hello. My name is Phil and I'm putting a 98 Disco 1 back on the road. It was sitting since 2013 and has a rusty frame and inner fenders, but it generally solid otherwise and has only 158K KM on it. I got it running fine so now it's at the welding shop getting the frame properly repaired. I also need to fab up gas tank brackets as the originals were rusted to bits, and they are NLA. It needs brakes all the way around as all the calipers are seized from sitting. I will do a hillbilly style rust repair on the inner fenders and floor as it won't show anyway. It also needs tires.
The rest of the truck is good, with all original paint that's in good shape, and a mint tan leather interior. I have the whole interior out at the moment to do the rust repairs, and of course it needs the headliner recovered. All the electrics work, the sunroofs do not leak, and even the A/C works!
Hoping to have it all ready to go by fall, as this will be my new winter ride. I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way, as this is my first LR.
Here's a pic, as we all know it never happened without pics! The MGB GT is also mine.
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG

Cheers

Phil

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Watch out for rust around the Alpine windows as well. Roof is steel, the rest of the body is aluminum. Dif Lock is probably also frozen, so fix it while you have the interior out. The H/L shifter should also move Left and Right for Diff lock.

ProfGriff

Reaction score
Thanks Joey. I'd guess the diff lock is frozen, but I haven't tried it yet. Luckily, there is not a spot of rust anywhere on the roof, including around the sunroofs and the alpine windows.

Cheers

Phil

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA