How do i check rear axle inline Discovery 2 td5 2.5 Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

repacpete

Reaction score
My Discovery2 rear wheel is a inch or two back from the passenger thats Center.
No noise whilst drive just one wheel sits back and ive not jacked up yet.
It feels like wavey when slow down and speed up .
Is there any type stability bars on these just im disabled and want to be able go under and find fix in one go.

Last edited:

Ricardowelch

Reaction score
My Discovery2 rear wheel is a inch or two back from the passenger thats Center.
No noise whilst drive just one wheel sits back and ive not jacked up yet.
It feels like wavey when slow down and speed up . If you want to buy pex tool, you can visit AutoGuysLand to review this product before getting one.
Is there any type stability bars on these just im disabled and want to be able go under and find fix in one go.

Have you figured out how to check rear axle yet? If not, i think you can refer this video for your info. Hopefully it can help.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the trailing arm at the frame mounting bracket for torn, broken or damaged rubber at that pivot joint. Damaged or loose wheel bearing will not have that much movement mentioned.
Also check the other trailing arm bushing and that both arms are straight and not bent from off roading and landing on a rock as they will bend. I have seen idiot mechanics lift a Rover and contact and bend a trailing arm.I wouldn't drive it at all as you might rip apart the driveshaft and U joints not alone damage the transfer case besides crashing. Poly bushings vs rubber rubbish is an upgrade in handling plus trouble free and longer life.....~~=o&o>.....

Last edited:

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the trailing arm at the pivot location at the frame bracket where the rubber joint is located has ripped apart. Do Not Drive it as you can possibly rip apart the driveshaft joints and or damage the transfer box. Don't forget getting into a wreck or crashing.
No way a bad or loose wheel bearing can move around that much. Check both trailing arms for straightness as they can get bent up high centering over a large rock. Replacement Poly bushings whenever your replacing worn out rubber is much better ans steers more precise down the highway. Idiot mechanics I have seen what happens when snagging and bending a trailing arm when on a lift another thing to watch out when lifting a Rover the Wrong Way.
......~~=o&o>......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick