Hunting buck with the side of my rover...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took out a pretty good sized buck today with the side of my rover. son of a b*@$#*.

Took the drivers mirror clean off, big ass dent in the rear driver side door. Hood is dented up pretty good too. Didn't hardly move the car at all, he came at me from the side and his ass slammed into me after his head hit and took the mirror off with his rack. Then bounced off wherever. i didnt even stop, I didnt figure he had insurance. I did have my Benelli 12 ga in the back, but f**k him. Not worth a slug. let him bleed.

Guess that 15k mile oil change appointment just got a little more involved next week.

Ill get some pictures up soon and just add some info about the work/expense as a point of reference.

Could have done without that. Fu**in Iowa wildlife. Get out and hunt people!! jeez.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though I have no idea what a buck is (you threw me off with your uninsured motorist comment... Is it some sort of deer?), it sounds pretty bad. Sorry man. At least you are OK, it could have been worse had it been a head-on impact.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, i am fine. To be honest I didnt even get much of an adrenaline kick from it. It was too late to stop or get out of the way and the rover is so insulated that it didnt scare me much.

I just heard the slam and the crunch and was a bit ******, but it wasn't all that scary.

It has happened to be before too, in my wifes lexus. That was more scary because I had the whole family in the car and the deer put a good dent in the car about 6" away from my 3 year olds head.

Oh well, it will get fixed, just a pain and an insurance deductible.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crunch!!!

IMG_20131030_164909_zps8c6a5117.jpg

IMG_20131030_164919_zps8804bc85.jpg

IMG_20131030_164929_zps7480e95c.jpg

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see those things here all the time, both in the day time and at night, randomly crossing roads and highways. Some of the dumbest varmints out there: never know if they will run away or straight into you; so, if I see them from a distance crossing the road, I always slow down/stop and blow my horn giving them time to make up their minds

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see all that damage. Most important, nobody was injured. We live about 45 miles south of Boston and the deer are brutal. My wife clipped one with the front bumper of our LR3. Our neighbor went out to buy wine on New Years Eve with his wife's LR4 and came back with 2 broken headlights, a shattered grill and dented hood thanks to a deer. One just missed running into my wife while she riding a bike on a nearby street. Maybe that massive ARB front bumper is useful in suburbia after all.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see all that damage. Most important, nobody was injured. We live about 45 miles south of Boston and the deer are brutal. My wife clipped one with the front bumper of our LR3. Our neighbor went out to buy wine on New Years Eve with his wife's LR4 and came back with 2 broken headlights, a shattered grill and dented hood thanks to a deer. One just missed running into my wife while she riding a bike on a nearby street. Maybe that massive ARB front bumper is useful in suburbia after all.

*IF* I had hit my bumpers at all, i would probably be going to steel. The damn deer are so dumb though, they run into the side of the car.

Im sure it will be fixed just fine and whatever, just a pain to deal with.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn - sorry to hear the buck hit your truck, but at least it wasn't too much damage - considering some hits I've seen. Still, what a pain in the a$$!

Deer hits are also a problem here in N. CA. Luckily in UT deer hunting season is a major holiday (hahah), so not as much of a problem. I've only been out once since deer season opened with no such luck. Send the deer my way, I need to store up plenty of meat for the year.

Keep us posted.

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick