I got egged!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving along in Marion Iowa the other night, about 30 MPH. It was dark but the street lights were lighting things up a bit.

Egg came out of nowhere and hit above the driver side rear window. BAM!

I didn't see who threw it, my defensive reflex was fairly correct... same as you would do if taking gunfire or something, I kept driving, taking the first corner away from the line of fire. (I didnt know it was an egg at first, could have been a rock or anything else).

So, it was probably just kids. We never found out. I cleaned off the egg right away, but was left with two small areas where the paint chipped off down to the metal! and ~2" of scratched up paint. Two panels, the top bit of the rear door and the side part of the roof. Eggshell is HARD. My neighbor does amazing paintwork, he fixed me up. Said that the new paint (build date 1/2013) was not cured or all the way hard, so it took damage more easily.

$400 later, she is all fixed up.

Stupid kids. Vandalism sucks.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That blows! Glad you have a great neighbor though.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That stinks! I would not be happy at all - especially if I figured out who did it. Damn, sorry to hear about the pain, but glad you got it fixed.

If that happened around here in the SF bay area, I'd say it was hippies. Bleh.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just another tip, if the egg hit your windshield, NEVER push that magic button to spray water to clean them off....as water mix with egg, you will see nothing but egg drop soup...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV