IIDTool / EAS Control module for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those interested, it looks like the guys at Gap Diagnostic are real close to "cracking" the instrument cluster interface of the 2010+ LR4 (and 2010+ RRS), which bodes well for the introduction of an IIDTool and EAS Control diagnostic module compatible with these models relatively soon... Up to now, these terrific plug and play diagnostic modules have only been compatible with MY05-09 Disco/LR3 and MY06-09 Sport with the older instrument cluster interface.

iidtoolon10-dispaly.jpg

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to sound dumb... but what is a EAS Control module and what does it do?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to sound dumb... but what is a EAS Control module and what does it do?

It's a cool little box that plugs to your car's OBDII port and allows you to modify air suspension height at will, troubleshoot EAS problems, read and clear fault codes, etc., using your steering wheel's buttons and instrument cluster display.

I posted about these modules (both EAS Control and the more comprehensive IIDTool, which is the one I own for my 2006 RRS) last year on the LR3 forum, but back then compatibility with LR4 was still up in the air due to the completely different instrument cluster interface. Now it looks like it's going to happen for MY2010+ RRS, LR4 and MkIII as well. Original thread: http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21881 - Manufacturer's site: http://gap-diagnostic.com/

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i might just be understanding what this can deliver. So, we could alter our height to a more off road friendly setting and very quickly bring it back to stock once we get back on the pavement? If true, that could be huge. Jacking the car or finding a curb to engage into the extended height always seemed quirky....

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's one of the many things you can do with EAS Control. You can actually save and retrieve 3 custom suspensions settings in the module's built in memory, plus the default "factory" setup that's saved automatically the very first time you plug in the module to your car, so you can always go back to stock if you screw something up or need to visit your dealer for service. All with a module that's smaller than a pack of cigarettes and you just toss in your glove box after use.

For example, I have memorized a setting of +30 mm front and +40 mm rear over stock in Memory 1 as my "off-road" setting (and I still have the option to use the height settings of the car on top of that), -20 mm both front and rear for long highway trips in Memory 2, the equivalent of high speed height without the need to go 100 mph to achieve it, and another of +20 mm front and +30 mm rear in Memory 3 as my "everyday" setup because, well, I like the look of my Sport with big all-terrain tires better that way. :smile: All it takes to switch between settings is plugging the module to the OBDII port and navigating to the memory settings with the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel, 30 seconds max.

You can do a lot more than that however, I suggest you check out their web site for more info.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine the price would be any different than the module already available for 2005-2009 LR3. Atlantic British is currently selling that one for around $400 (there may be other, cheaper US dealers selling it by now, not sure...) The more capable IIDTool module lists for $520 from AB and, to me, it's the better buy because of all the additional diagnostic capabilities, however.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA