Installed ARB Front Bumper (More To Come...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I will write up more later and hopefully snap a few additional photos, but wanted to provide a photo of the finished product. We also got very creative with the off road lighting switch - such a clean place for the switch.

I am going to write up a more detailed post, but this install was a TOTAL BEAST - NOT for the faint of heart! Yes, it's made great and all, but man it took us almost 11 hours to install this, and I did it with someone who is an expert at modifications. Seriously, this ended up being a huge undertaking. Yes, we took a lot of time to really cleanly tie up the electronics and lighting.

Here is a sneak peak (more to follow):

5682B517-F362-43E0-9878-D4C2F63AEA00_zpsrm2cqimc.jpg

Here is a shot from last night while we were still in the midst of the installation (and the lighting scheme, we updated a lot of lights):

20098634-C853-4A38-B553-D1C87C8EEBD9_zpsybyrg3du.jpg

Take a look at how clean the switch is:

0F6E59B2-F65E-48B0-BD30-BAA3E17C87BB_zpst68zbwhw.jpg

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does look really good. Sounds like a lot of work. But the result looks good. Good luck with front parking sensors! (Which reminds me, time to order my IID Tool if I can figure out how.)

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck looks great David!!!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you ready for them to bring back the Camel Trophy? ;-)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does look really good. Sounds like a lot of work. But the result looks good. Good luck with front parking sensors! (Which reminds me, time to order my IID Tool if I can figure out how.)
Hey Dan,

It was a LOT of work, but the final product looks great. I think you can order the IIDTool at Britparts? I was a beta tester for the BT version, so I ordered directly from GAP.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! I really do love the look, it goes awesome with my truck, but it was quite a project. One of the biggest issues is that ARB does not really supply very good instructions and not written specifically for the LR4, but rather the Australian Discovery 4. Plus, they are just not accurate in many aspects.

We started by pulling off the lights and grill (very easy):

IMG_1728_zps20ec0c64.jpg

Then the front bumper was removed (easy):

IMG_1731_zps1a01896b.jpg

Then, we started with the electronics. You basically have to tie in the indicators (parking lights and blinkers) and fog lights on short and long looms. This is not too hard, but I will say the instructions are not the best (about anything!). There are tables that show what color wires do what, but beware, they are NOT accurate! I did not use the supplied Scotch clips, as we had better ways that allowed us to make new connections, shrink wrap tie ins, and make everything clean and water tight. It involved a lot of wires and putting everything nicely tucked away.

IMG_1736_zpscbc01a42.jpg

IMG_1737_zpsa6fabf22.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick