INSTRUMENT CLUSTER 2012 RR L322 blank, black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greggnvt

Reaction score
The instrument cluster on my 2012 RR went blank - work working one minute and then black. Nothing...Turned off then back on, drove down the road, off/on again - nothing... Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks, Gregg

Greggnvt

Reaction score
Fuse, power supply, grounds?
After letting the vehicle sit for a couple hours, it started working again. This morning it came on fine as well. I don't drive this vehicle much (haven't driven it prior to yesterday for about 2 months) and it was pretty chilly (+5 degrees F). I REALLY like the styling of the L322 so I'd like to keep it around for a while longer.

If I were still having the problem, I was going to start at the fuses first. It's interesting when this display went out (no blinker noise) nothing...no fuel, mileage, speed, high beam/low beam indicator nothing!)

Appreciate the reply - if it happens again, I'll post here.

Thanks,
Gregg

usmcfred

Reaction score
After letting the vehicle sit for a couple hours, it started working again. This morning it came on fine as well. I don't drive this vehicle much (haven't driven it prior to yesterday for about 2 months) and it was pretty chilly (+5 degrees F). I REALLY like the styling of the L322 so I'd like to keep it around for a while longer.

If I were still having the problem, I was going to start at the fuses first. It's interesting when this display went out (no blinker noise) nothing...no fuel, mileage, speed, high beam/low beam indicator nothing!)

Appreciate the reply - if it happens again, I'll post here.

Thanks,
Gregg

usmcfred

Reaction score
You're in VT, it's January and it's very cold.

Extreme cold temps can play havoc with electronics so my guess is this may be the cause of your on again/off again display. My Speedometer needle which illuminates started flickering with the arrival of a cold snap here in MA. I wouldn't be too quick to spend diagnostic and repair money until you can determine if the display returns to normal operation after the weather begins to warm up some. Fred

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick